KW Southwest agent, Linda Day, shares safety tips for home buyers and sellers during this coronavirus pandemic.
Here are suggestions for home buyers
• Travel in your own vehicle, meeting the agent at the property.
• Wash your hands before you leave to go to look at any house. Use hand
sanitizer before entering a home.
• Only bring the most necessary family members to view the house – hopefully, no more than two people.
• Wear gloves and booties if at all possible. Do not touch anything in the house.
• Tour the house with your agent, using social distancing, perhaps one at a time,
while the other party waits in the car.
• After exiting the property, use hand sanitizer again to clean your hands.
Here are suggestions to prepare your home for showings:
• Wipe down all the surfaces in your home with disinfectant. This includes the cabinets, counters, light switches, faucets, and door handles (especially the front door).
• Turn on all of the lights, open all interior doors.
• Leave hand sanitizer and booties for guests to use.
• Take some disinfectant with you. When all of the visitors leave your house, use the disinfectant to wipe down the lockbox and front door handles before you go back inside.
• Repeat the process you used before the visitors arrived. Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds